A NEW CHALLENGER APPEARS!
We the Elite 4 are extremely proud of all the Pokénauts currently undertaking the life’s work that is the great Pokémonathon. Every entry fills us with happiness and awe.
However, like any good Elite 4, we live for more! Work hard! Train diligently! Do your best! Win! As Pokénauts, are you hankering for MORE CHALLENGE?
If you are - WE ARE GOING TO GIVE IT!
We are hereby announcing the Pokémonathon Challenges - periodic criteria for incoming Pokémon submissions, which will be completable regardless of a Pokénaut’s current progress, and will be totally optional for Pokénauts who don’t want to participate!
Oxboxer’s excellent drawing is an example of an entry for our first Challenge:
~~~~ POKéMON TATTOOS ~~~~
(Tattoos of Pokémon, Pokémon with tattoos, Pokémon with tattoos of Pokémon….)
HOW TO PARTICIPATE:
- Complete your Pokémon drawing but using the current criteria!
- Submit it to the blog as usual, but add the relevant challenge tag: for example, #challenge01
- Do it before March 15th
- FEEL GOOD ABOUT YOURSELF
OTHER RELEVANT WORDS:
- Challenges will probably last for 2 weeks, but may be longer or shorter depending on difficulty!
- ’Winners’ may be chosen a variety of ways, whatever we decide
- Main winner will probably get to decide the next challenge
- Challenges should accommodate a Pokénaut’s current progress
- Challenges shouldn’t break the usual rules of the Pokémonathon, i.e. no spitting in front of ladies
We had a bit of a brainstorm and have come up with some example Challenges, just for funzies- we’re not doing these right now, but they should give you some idea for the kind of thing that would be an interesting challenge! If people want to suggest some we could create some kind of ongoing ‘possible challenges’ post that people could refer to when it’s time to choose, or something???
- Include a gijinka
- Draw a background
- Use a certain medium
- Emulate a certain style
- Try making an animation
- Use a color triad
- A restricted color scheme
- Copy a classical painting
- Draw a short comic an attack
- A character turnaround for animation
- An isometric perspective challenge
- A “draw it doing what it says on the Pokedex entry” challenge (some of those are surprisingly unsettling)
- An anatomical diagram (doesn’t need to be realistic)
- Make the image look like an Instagram
- Fashion shoot
OK that’s it from us, GET CHALLENGE-DOING!!! Due before March 15th!